Saturday, May 9, 2009

SOOOO Ready for Summer!!

It's been a really busy first year at my new job, and now that it's almost over, I can't wait to just take a deep breath & just relax! I'm currently in the middle of one of the craziest scheduled weeks ever... Here it is:

On Friday, we took the top band to the Meyerson, and today we took our beginners to their very first Solo & Ensemble contest (SOOO cute... they did GREAT!) We'll take the top band to another contest on Monday at the Eisemann center, then bowling, on Tuesday, we have after-school beginning band rehearsal, then Wednesday we have a marathon!! We'll take our beginners & second band to a contest in Canton, then take them bowling ALL before school is over. Then we'll come back and have a two-hour instrument drive. Needless to say, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY!!

We've got auditions coming up, as well as several school trips/assemblies & our final spring concert. Then, I have to somehow find all the instruments I couldn't find at the start of the year & turn in our wonderfully unorganized inventory (don't worry... it'll be organized after I get finished with it).

No, I don't hate my job... in fact, I LOVE my job. It's really easy to see how much I'm appreciated, which doesn't always happen in my profession.

Here's one more reason I can't wait until summer... Chris & I have decided to start "trying" for a baby this summer. Not sure of all the details, and how our "plannned pregnancy" will go. Christina has really taught me to not plan for such a miracle, but I'll go ahead and give it a shot anyway!! :)

I'm really excited, and I just can't wait for the day that we'll get to tell the future grandparents that they will be having their first ever grandchild (among the other joys of having a baby, of course)! DEFINITELY more to come on that note...

1 comment:

ChristinaR said...

I'm so excited that you're going to start trying! Be sure to keep us posted... and don't put any pressure on yourselves. Just enjoy your time together. :)