Thursday, July 8, 2010

Long time, no type!

Well, I've obviously had a busy time these past few months! Just to catch you up...

School finished up in early June, and my in-laws came in town the very next week. We had a lot of fun, however, it didn't help that I got sick AND I was on some fertility meds. We had about a week or two of me going to school and working in the office, and just doing things around the house. Then, Chris and I took our summer trip to see his family in St. Louis. We had a lot of fun this time! We had a family get-together at his parents' house, went to a Cardinals game (Chris is a HUUUUGE fan!), at some awesome frozen custard at the famous Ted Drewe's, and even went to a restaurant where local EMS & Firemen work on their "off days". It was VERY cool, to say the least. We also stocked up on some wine at 3 different Missouri wineries. If you've never done wine tasting, I HIGHLY recommend it! Now, we're back in town, July is in full swing, and I am noticing how quickly summer is passing me by!!


Chris and I just reached another milestone... Our 3rd anniversary was yesterday. He is so sweet about making this a special day every year. We wanted to do something fun, so we just went to Hurricane Harbor for most of the day. He rode the "scary" slide a few times (I of course watched), and we had a lot of fun in the sun! We ended up changing our dinner plans, because we had an NSU/DFW alumni meeting at a local restaurant. We decided to stay and enjoy our friends' company, which was a lot of fun!

I know I metioned the fertility meds earlier, but I didn't really say why... Well, I finally went to my doctor a few months ago, mostly because my sister Julie is having a lot of trouble getting pregnant (please pray for her!), and it turned out that my close friend Leah is starting to have the same issues (please pray for her too!!) After some blood tests, my doctor has determined that I don't ovulate. I'm troubled by this, mostly because before I was on birth control, I was ALWAYS "normal". Now, I'm slowly starting to worry (no matter how hard I try not to). So, my doctor put me on a low dose of a medication to help with this. I've only taken one round, and so far, it hasn't helped us get pregnant. I have high hopes that my doctor will help us with the best plan of action. Much more to come on this!!

1 comment:

ChristinaR said...

Sounds like all of your travels have made for quite an eventful summer! And I'm with you... I can't believe it's already mid-July and our summer is almost over!
I'll be praying for you as you take your fertility meds. PLEASE keep me posted - and don't go so long before your next blog! :)